I am a highly qualified Integrative Psychotherapist with over 27 years’ experience. I work with both couples and adults and provide a private, safe space where, together, we can explore your difficulties and enable you to express your feelings and thoughts without fear of being judged or rejected. Even if you have a supportive family and good friends, it can sometimes be hard to talk to them about very personal feelings and thoughts.
I have experience of working with people presenting with various issues including but not limited to: anxiety, panic attacks, depression, relationship difficulties, low self-esteem, weight issues and eating disorders, trauma and PTSD, bereavement and other challenging life situations or changes. I offer several different approaches depending on what is the most appropriate approach according to your individual needs.
For me counselling is a collaborative process which facilitates increased understanding and self-awareness, greater self-acceptance and more fulfilling relationships with others and life in general. I offer psychoeducation in the form of CBT for challenging negative thoughts, interpreting dreams and the REWIND technique for PTSD.
Days I’m available at EmotionMatters
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
Qualifications & training
- 2020 – Transpersonal ecopsychology inquiry group; Waking up as a member of the Ecosystem; Narcissism & Its Disorders; Addictions: Lasting Change; Eating Disorders & Obesity; 1,000 hrs of volunteering with NHS Check In and Chat; How to do counselling online (a coronavirus primer) OU; Sharing Confidential Client Information
- 2019 – Panic Attacks; Attachment in the early years; Rewind Trauma Therapy
- 2018 – Dreams to Reality II; Life Coaching; Cognitive Psychological First Aid
- 2017- Homelessness and Health; National Emergency Response Resilience and Support Programme for Stress & Trauma; Empowering Professionals to work with Refugee and Asylum Seeking Women; Suicide Intervention Training
- 2016 – Basic Life Support; Introduction to Attachment Theory
- 2015 -Teaching Clients Mindfulness Skills; Safeguarding Adults
- 2014 – Psychosocial Care After Traumatic Incidents; EAP Foundations Training Course; Attachment Theory & PTSD
- 2012 – Anger with live CBT Demonstration; Live CBT Demonstration with Professor Windy Dryden; Attract More Clients; Imago Couples Workshop
- 2011 – Understanding Anger Disorders; Managing Onsite Critical Incidents
- 2010 – CBT Approach to Managing Menopausal Symptoms; Counselling Assessments
- 2009 – CBT Diploma – Oxford College
- 2009 – Child Protection training
- 2008 – Core Evaluation System training
- 2007 – Mindfields College: Effective Anger Management
- 2005 – AWPCCP – Workshop: CBT. Application in Primary Care Counselling
- 2004 – CCPE Workshop: DSM IV Introduction & DSM IV Anxiety
- 2003 – CCPE Workshop: DSM IV Eating Disorders
- 2002 – CCPE Workshop: DSM IV Mood Disorders, DSM IV Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders & DSM IV Personality Disorders
- 2002 – AWPCCP – Workshop: Working within a Time Limit
- 2001 – AWPCCP – Workshop: Confidentiality, Note Taking & the Law
- 2000 – Marylebone PCG Mental Health Trust Workshop: Depression
- 1992-1995 CCPE: Diploma in Psychotherapy (Transpersonal)
Membership of professional bodies
- UKCP (fully accredited member)
How i offer psychotherapy
I work with clients across the UK using Skype, WhatsApp Video & Zoom and will offer face to face sessions as soon as it is safe to do so. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English
LET US EXPLAIN HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
Talk with our assessment team, who can listen to your story and needs, and help you find the right practitioner for you, and book you in for a Free 30 Minute session to meet with one of our therapists.