What Does It Feel Like To Lack Purpose In Life?
If you are experiencing a lack of purpose in your life, you may feel constantly bored, dissatisfied or empty, like life has no meaning. You may feel unfulfilled in your relationships with others, disaffected at home and at work, and find yourself anxiously ruminating on what the point of life is.
You may feel hopeless, desperate or simply numb, and unable to find enjoyment in the things that used to bring you pleasure. Feeling a lack of purpose can also contribute to depression and anxiety, especially when you feel unable to see a way out of your empty feelings.
Experiencing a lack purpose in life can also isolate you from your friends and loved ones, leaving you feeling lonely and cut off, and unable to participate in social activities.
REMOTE SESSIONS – WORKING ONLINE WITH OUR TEAM
The current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) global situation is affecting us all.
We understand that the uncertainty and disruption to daily life this brings, can be an extra burden for people who are already struggling with anxiety, depression and other aspects of mental health.
All of our therapists are experienced in delivering remote sessions using Zoom, Skype and FaceTime, which means your therapy can continue online without disruption.
Our four central London locations currently remain open, and we are happy to see you in person as well.
Please book a call with our friendly and experienced assessment team who can explain how remote sessions can work for you.
We value creating a personal therapy that is tailored to your specific needs and requirements, and this month we have a Spring Promotion to provide greater access to our services.
Therapy is a space where you can work through challenging patterns, stressful relationships and compulsive behaviours that are limiting your life in some way.
We want to support people who struggle with their mental wellbeing and teach them new skills to manage situations in a healthier way.
Purchase a 6-session block of therapy, and get 1 session FREE
- This offer is available with all of our therapists, at all price points
- This offer is available to new EM clients only
- Offer ends on 31st March 2020
Therapy For Lack Of Purpose
Psychotherapy can help you find meaning and purpose in life. Our expert team will support you in gaining a better understanding of who you are, so you can discover your strengths and find a way to move forwards.
- Psychotherapy is a journey of self-discovery where you can explore your needs, desires, your fears and the obstacles that keep you from reaching your potential. It helps you explore your true identity
- Through this journey of self-discovery, you will be able to understand your purpose, set goals in your life and achieve them with the support of your therapist
Psychotherapy will help you make sense of what is happening for you right now in your life, what has happened to you in the past, and help you integrate new healthier ways of managing your life moving forwards.
Tell us what is going on for you, and let us explain how we can help
Learn more about lack of purpose
Here are some articles and blogs about lack of purpose
Lack Of Purpose Self Help
You may not be ready to talk to us yet, so here are some self-help strategies that can help you reduce your anxiety symptoms:
- Opening up to someone you trust can be a relief and help you better understand your worries and anxiety.
- Look after your physical health by getting enough sleep and following a balanced diet that can stabilise your mood and energy levels.
- Regular exercise will help you battle stress and release tension, as your brain releases endorphins which will improve your mood.
- Breathing exercises, mindfulness and relaxation techniques will help calm your mind.
- Keep a diary of the situations that make you feel anxious and note how you’ve reacted in each situation. This will help you identify potential triggers for your anxiety.
- Avoid things that can exacerbate your anxiety, such as smoking, caffeine and alcohol.