MindHealth is an integrated psychological and nutritional programme designed by the EmotionMatters team to work with people who want to build a better relationship with their mind, body and emotions.
We have a long and proud history of integrative work, and we understand that optimal wellbeing is supported by looking after both our minds and our bodies. Alongside your psychotherapy, we are offering personalised nutritional advice.
Supporting our mental health without paying attention to what we eat, means we are missing an important piece of our personal puzzle of optimal health. There is growing interest and research in how food and nutrition can affect both emotional and mental health.
When we eat well, it helps us to feel more emotionally stable with consistent energy, and when we eat badly we can experience mood swings, cravings and irritability.
Food is fun, but our response to food is very individual, requiring personalised support and coaching. Our team aims to uncover any underlying nutritional imbalances, and works with you to find practical solutions to address them.
Building on over 14 years experience of working with wellbeing, we want to offer you the opportunity to maximise your mental and physical wellbeing by integrating a nutritional approach into your therapy.
Tell us what is going on for you, and let us explain how we can help
HOW WILL THE MINDHEALTH PACKAGE HELP ME?
It is generally accepted that how we feel can influence what we choose to eat or drink (mood to food). It is less well known that what we eat, can affect our mental functioning (food to mood).
There are many explanations for the cause-and-effect relationship between food and mood:
- Fluctuations in blood sugar levels are associated with changes in mood and energy, and are affected by what we eat
- Brain chemicals influence the way we think, feel and behave. They are built from healthy food – proteins and essential fats
- Reactions, insensitivities and allergies to foods can be confusing and unsettling
- Lack of optimal levels of vitamins and nutrients can compromise pathways in the body and affect our energy levels and how we feel
- Food stressors like sugar, alcohol, caffeine and chocolate can be damaging to your brain and to your mood
The precise cause and effect relationship to food and mood is individual. We will work closely with you, possibly using a food diary to track diet and symptoms to uncover triggers, and aim to rebalance challenged body systems.
MindHealth Integrated Wellness Programme
MindHealth is our latest integrated health programme combining therapy and nutrition, which have been running successfully for over 10 years in the HealthMatters Group.
This unique programme saves you up to £80 off the price of buying our services individually, and combines individual therapy with targeted nutritional support.
- Free 30-minute discovery session
- 6 x 50-minute weekly therapy sessions
- Free 15-minute connection call
- 1 x 90-minute assessment session
- 1 x 60-minute follow-up session
- 2 x 40-minute follow-up sessions
- 30-minutes report creation and email support
We suggest you schedule nutrition coaching sessions every 2 weeks.
Your nutritionist will work with your therapist to coach you through changes in your diet and lifestyle to support healthy eating, optimal nutrition and good mental health.
CHOOSE YOUR MINDHEALTH TEAM & YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS
Our calculator below allows you to choose your therapist and nutritionist, at either standard or off-peak rates.
Off-peak therapy sessions start at 9.00, 9.30, 10.00 or 10.30am in the morning, and at 2.00, 3.00 and 4.00pm in the afternoon, Monday to Friday.
You save the most money by paying for the MindHealth programme in full upfront.
If you prefer to spread the cost of the programme over 3 months, our payment plan costs just £50 more.