I have over 25 years experience working in the fields of psychology, psychotherapy, nutrition, coaching and exercise. Integrating these fields allows me to see, hear and understand you from multiple perspectives, and provides me with a wealth of treatment options to support you in finding better mental and physical health.
My focus for short-term therapy work includes reducing symptoms, building resources and improving function. My approach to deep work and longer-term therapy, can support you in changing aspects of your personality that are keeping you stuck in unhealthy patterns of thinking, behaviour and emotional management.
I have a relational and psychodynamic approach to my work, and I have a particular interest in working with relational dynamics, eating presentations and trauma. My current interests include neuroscience, resilience training and how our microbiome affects mental health.
Days I’m available at EmotionMatters
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
Qualifications & training
- 2017 Attachment & Trauma – The Resilience of Mind & Body – ISC International Conference
- 2017 The Form & Function of Relationship – UKATA 2017 National Conference
- 2016 Neurotransmitter Balance – Anthony Haynes, Clinical Education
- 2016 Eating Disorders: Developing a Gold Standard Service– Professor Ulrike Schmidt, Healthcare Conferences UK
- 2015 CBT for Eating Disorders Professor– Glenn Waller, Stanton Psychological
- 2015 Professional Excellence Workshop– The Berne Institute
- 2015 Metabolic Balance Coach Training– Metabolic Balance UK
- 2015 Losing Sleep: How Therapeutic Techniques can Help– Dr David Lee, n*scienceUK
- 2014 A New Approach for Working with Bodies– Today Susie Orbach, n*scienceUK
- 2013 UKATA National Conference– Attendee
- 2012 Eating Disorders in Adults– Royal College of Nursing
- 2012 International Eating Disorder Conference– Attendee
- 2012 UKATA National Conference– Attendee
- 2012 Anxiety Traps: CBT Antidotes– Christine Padetsky, CognitiveWorkshops
- 2011 Understanding and Treating Disturbed Body Image in Eating Disorders– South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- 2012 Working with Couples– Wealden College
- 2011 – 2014 UKCP Accredited Advanced Clinical Training in Transactional Analysis Counselling & Psychotherapy– Wealden College
- 2011 TA 101 Course– Wealden College
- 2010 UKCP Accredited Foundation Course in Transactional Analysis Counselling & Psychotherapy– Wealden College
- 2011 Eating Disorders in Sport– National Centre for Eating Disorders in Sport (NCEDS)
- 2010 International Eating Disorder Conference– Attendee
- 2010 The Treatment of Inpatients with an Eating Disorder– South London & Maudsley Trust
- 2011 Caring for Carers– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2009 Bariatric Surgery, Nutrition for Obese Clients & Gut Health– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2008 Practitioner Training in Eating Disorders– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2008 Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2007 Childhood Obesity & Eating Disorders– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2006 Binge Eating within Obesity– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2006 Essential Obesity– National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2005 Weight Management & Nutrition– Lifeline Fitness
- 2004 Weight Management Coaching– SmartShape
- 2002 Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling and Therapy Psychosynthesis & Education Trust
- 2001 Diploma in Life Coaching– Life Coaching Academy
- 2001 BSc Psychology– London Guildhall University
Membership of professional bodies
- UKCP Accredited Member
- UKATA Accredited Member
- BEAT Professional Network Member
- NCFED Affiliate Member
How i offer psychotherapy
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English
LET US EXPLAIN HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
If you are interested in meeting with a practitioner, feel free to book an assessment call with our Client Support team.
We want to understand what is going on for you, and help match you with the right practitioner.
We value being clear and open about our prices, so please check Our Fees before booking a call.