My primary focus from our very first meeting is to guide and support you towards YOUR optimum health and I employ my twenty years of practical and academic experience to help you reach your goals.
I have worked for the NHS and privately as a Clinical Dietician. My particular areas of professional interest and expertise are in all aspects and branches of disordered eating. I have also been trained as an accredited Sports and Nutrition dietician, advanced hypnotherapist, and have gained an MSc in the psychological approaches to health and management. As my learning curve continues next year, I am very much looking forward to a qualification in Functional Medicine.
Psychological and dietary intervention under one roof is the strength at EmotionMatters and it has proven to be effective for many clients. My aim is to empower you to celebrate lifestyle change and appreciate a new, life-long connection with food.
Days I’m available at EmotionMatters
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
Qualifications & training
- 2017 Obesity Management and Food Addiction – WeightMatters Training Academy
- 2016 Integrating the Psychiatric Diagnosis and Treatment of Eating Disorders – WeightMatters Training Academy
- 2016 Future Study – Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice Conference
- 2016 Psychological Strategies to Improve weight change conversations with Dr Jennifer Nash
- 2015 ESPEN – The European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism in Lisbon contributing to a very insightful look at how we should eat as we get older
- 2011 FOD MAPs (reducing Fermentable, Oligo-saccharides, Di-saccharides, Mono-saccharides and Polyols in the gut) – King’s College, London
- 2010 ILM Management Course – King’s College, London
- 2009 Management of Chronic Kidney Disease – King’s College, London
- 2008 Master Practitioners Diploma in Eating Disorders – The National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2004-2006 MSc in the psychological approaches to Health and Management – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2003 Diabetic Project Looking at newly diagnosed Type II diabetics in 4 GP Practices across West Norfolk published in Practical Diabetes. Nov. 2005 – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2002 LEO Management Training – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2002 BDA Behaviour Change Training using CBT, Interpersonal Skills, Motivational Approaches, Level 1-3 with Dietician D Pearson. – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2003 Change Courses Writing Business Cases – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2003 Coaching Skills – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2002 Writing Patient Leaflets – University Of Bedfordshire, Luton
- 2001 Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy – Austin Training, London
- 2001 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Weight Management Course – Weight Concern, London
- 2000 NHS Foundation Management Course, covering active listening, learning styles, motivating performance, appraisal training, presentations, developing assertiveness, team building, counselling for performance improvement, building rapport. – Weight Concern, London
- 1998, 2000, 2000, 2005 – Working with obese patients 4 x 3 day courses using NLP technique – Transform Consultancy, Leamington Spa
- 1996 Presentation skills course using Kolb method – Transform Consultancy, Leamington Spa
- Sports Nutrition Foundation
- April 1996 Accredited sports nutrition dietician
Membership of professional bodies
- Health Professions Council
- British Dietetic Association
How i offer psychotherapy
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English
LET US EXPLAIN HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
Talk with our assessment team, who can listen to your story and needs, and help you find the right practitioner for you, and book you in for a Free 30 Minute session to meet with one of our therapists.