I have been a practising Psychotherapist and Counsellor for twelve years. My clients include adults and young people between the ages of eleven and eighteen. I work with many issues including the issues around loss. This can include bereavement, redundancy, relationship issues, loss of confidence or identity and loss of health. I also work with eating issues, anxiety and depression.
Counselling and psychotherapy can enable you to explore current situations, relationships and past experiences in order for you to understand the cause of your difficulties. I believe the relationship we create together to be important in order for you to feel safe enough to do this. In a safe, caring, non judgemental environment we can work together for you to make the changes that will help you to lead the life that you want.
My main theoretical approach is Transactional Analysis (TA). At the heart of this therapy is the contract for change. This enables you to focus on what you would like to achieve and for us both to agree the best way to work together. I also work integratively drawing on different modalities to tailor the work for the individual needs of each client.
Days I’m available at EmotionMatters
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
Qualifications & training
- BACP Conference: Workshop: Who am I now? Bereavement as a break in the ‘continuity of being’
- BACP Conference: Workshop: The battle for survival of self at the expense of the body.
- 2017 WeightMatters Training – Gut, Brain Axis & The Hungry Brain.
- 2016 Practitioner skills for Eating Disorders Diploma – National Centre for Eating Disorders.
- 2016 Running mindfulness groups – Stanton Psychological Services.
- 2016 Safeguarding young people -Educare.
- 2015 Teaching clients mindfulness skills – Stanton Psychological Services.
- 2015 Therapeutic Supervision course -CSTD London.
- 2014 Self harm seminar – Professor Stephen Briggs, University of East London.
- 2014 Core Supervision training -CSTD London.
- 2014 Safeguarding vulnerable young people – Educare/NSCPP.
- 2013 Trauma and the body, Somatisation and dissociation – Positive Outcomes for dissociative survivors (PODS).
- 2013 Food & Psychological impact – Alchemy.
- 2013 Understanding self harm – Community Counselling Service.
- 2013 Safeguarding – Bexley council.
- 2003-2012 Advanced training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy – Training South East & The Berne Institute.
- 2003 – 2012 MSc. Degree in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy – Middlesex University.
- 2011 Professional Excellence workshop – The Berne Institute.
- 2010 Professional Excellence workshop – The Berne Institute.
- 2007 Post Graduate Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling – The Berne Institute in collaboration with Middlesex University.
- 2007 Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling – The Berne Institute.
Membership of professional bodies
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (Registered).
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP (Accredited).
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Children & Young People.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Universities and Colleges.
How i offer psychotherapy
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English