I am a Counselling Psychologist registered with the Health Care Professions Council and a Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society. I completed my training while living in Germany and the United States where I honed an eclectic holistic strengths-based approach to counselling. I received training in humanistic, cognitive behavioural and brief therapies.
My goal as a therapist is to help you achieve your goals whatever they may be, perhaps you don’t know what they are? I can help you discover how it might look or feel to live the life you want; you are not alone in your journey.
As a person-centred practitioner, I embrace the idea that each person is capable of reaching a sense of peace and purpose. From my cognitive behavioural perspective, I will give you the tools to maintain this peace and purpose for a lifetime.
Having witnessed the results of client empowerment by fostering hope and expectation of change, I relish the opportunity of working with you.
I have worked extensively with a diverse range of clients within a culture of trauma-informed care and understand the impact of adverse experiences. Even if there are multiple challenges you are facing right now, I will work with you always with a view to guiding you to be the best version of yourself.
Days I'm available at EmotionMatters
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
Qualifications & training
- 2018 Obesity Training – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2018 Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- 2018 Creative Approaches in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- 2017 Competencies for LGBTQ Affirmative Counselling
- 2017 Intensive Cognitive Behavioural Training
- 2016 Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained
- 2016 Moral Reconation Therapy
- 2016 Reasoning with Unreasonable People: Focus on Disorders of Emotional Regulation
- 2015 Yoga and Mindfulness Training
- 2015 Habits of Happy People
- 2015 Cognitive Process Therapy
- 2015 Seeking Safety – Therapy for PTSD and Substance Use Disorder
- 2014 Recognising and Responding to Crisis
- 2014 MA Counselling Psychology
- 1994 BSc Psychology (HONS)
Membership of professional bodies
- HCPC registered Counselling Psychologist Registration No. PYL35236
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society Membership
- Member of British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
- Internationally Certified Alcohol & Drug Counsellor (ICADC), reciprocated by United Kingdom Professional Certification
- Board of Alcohol & Drug Counsellors
- (US) Licensed Professional Counsellor 73554 (LPC) – Texas
- (US) Licensed Chemical Dependency Counsellor 12877 (LCDC) Texas
- (US) National Certified Counsellor (NCC)
How i offer psychotherapy
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English