I am currently in my second year of the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at Regents University London with clinical experience in a range of presenting issues, such as: Depression, anxiety, OCD, self-harm, body dissatisfaction, eating disorders and low self-esteem. I have worked with children, adolescents and adults. My work is underpinned by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; however, training as a counselling psychologist allows me to take a pluralistic stance allowing me to be competent in more than one modality. I see this feature as being very valuable, permitting flexibility for working with clients in a way which is most suitable to their needs.
My research has focused on Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and Obsessive Compulsive disorder (OCD).
I work very relationally and collaboratively to create a trustworthy and respectful therapeutic relationship which is fundamental in identifying, managing and challenging unhealthy behaviours and emotions.
Days I'm available at EmotionMatters
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
Qualifications & training
- Rob Wilson on Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Windy Dryden on Public Speaking Anxiety with live CBT sessions
- Windy Dryden on Rejection with live CBT sessions
- Windy Dryden on guilt and shame with live CBT sessions
- Windy Dryden on Procrastination with live CBT sessions
- Windy Dryden and Nicola Martin on How to be a Cognitive Behavioural Coach’
- Dr James Davies: “The Making of the DSM”
- DPsych in Counselling Psychology (Second year)
- MSc Psychology (Distinction – High Distinction on dissertation, Dean’s List award)
- Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- BA Hons Social Policy and Administration (Overall 2:1, First on Dissertation)
Membership of professional bodies
- BPS Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC)
How i offer psychotherapy
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English