The Effects Of Coping With Health Issues
Coping with short or long-term health issues not only can have physical consequences, but it can also have a negative effect on your psychological and mental health.
Coping with health issues can cause you to feel anxious and depressed, and affect your quality of life. You might feel that you need extra help to mentally prepare you for the symptoms of the illness and its influence on your life.
What Are The Effects of Coping with Health Issues?
Coping with chronic illness can have several consequences on many aspects of your life:
- Inability to work or study
- Feeling constantly worried about your health
- You start to rely more on others
- Feelings of depression
- Difficulty sleeping at night
- Negatively impacting your mobility and energy levels
- Interpersonal relationships, such as spending less time with friends and family
- Feeling lonely and isolated
- Poor body image, for example in people struggling with cancer
Our experienced team of therapists can equip you with strategies to help you understand and cope with your chronic condition. We will work with you to relieve your anxiety, set new habits, and motivate you to take up activities that will improve your wellbeing.
Chronic Illness Treatment
Learn more about Chronic Illness
Here are some articles and blogs about chronic illness